Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Low Sec Mining : the tools


Every man needs his tools. For low-sec prospecting, this is mine. A rigged helios, I can get a scan result in under 22 seconds on my recon launcher. I have not yet invested in the most expensive implant though - the 8% (or is it 10%) in scan time should make a big difference. For exploration, my launcher is the generic one though I see the SOE ones on auction from 33million isk each. Might go for them - who uses the SOE launcher and probes and do they make a difference?

4 comments:

Kirith Kodachi said...

How can you get a Scan Probe Launcher under 22 seconds? Even with all level 5 skills and the best implant and Sisters launcher the best is 81 seconds.

Unless you are talking about a Recon probe launcher, but they don't launch exploration probes.

/me is confused

Anonymous said...

Correct, correct. I am going to clarify the post as I meant my recon probe launcher. Am looking to use the SOE Exploration Launchers but wondered if anyone out there has any thoughts on it?

Kirith Kodachi said...

The Sister's Recon Probe Launcher is not really worth it as it only has less CPU usage IIRC. The Sisters Scan probe launcher is HUGELY worth it as it has a 25% less scan duration.

Read about my scan probe learnings in my article in the Eve Tribune, in the middle section called Scanning #1. I figured out how to take my exploration scan time from 288 seconds to 118.

Kirith Kodachi said...

Article url:
http://www.eve-tribune.com/index.php?no=3_28&page=1